A is for “Accelerator”
The WEOC Launch Women Business builder accelerator, like all accelerators, support early-stage, growth-driven companies through education, mentorship, and financing. Startups enter accelerators for a fixed-period of time, and as part of a cohort of companies. The accelerator experience is a process of intense, rapid, and immersive education aimed at accelerating the life cycle of young innovative companies, compressing years’ worth of learning-by-doing into just a few months.
Launch Women’s Business Builder Curriculum
What does the program entail? Up to 1 year, 3-Phases:
- Phase 1: (6 months) intense time developing and validating your business model
- Phase 2: (3 months) marketing and implementing your business model
- Phase 3: (3 months) selling to customers, growing your venture and opportunity for funding to grow your business
Catapult your business with the help of:
Something goes here, such as a player or graphic..
Listen to our Podcast Coaching Series
WEOC is here to help at every stage. Utilize our experienced coaches. Enjoy structure amidst a supportive community. Grow your business in a way that feels right to you.
12 month, accelerated building
You get out of it, what you put into it. Can you commit to
- attending 90% of the meetings
- being coachable and innovative
- doing the hard work outside of our meetings
- getting vulnerable and sharing your business concept before perfection
- Instruction and skill building
- Leverage knowledge of experienced business owners and coaches
- A gateway to future customers and partners
- Support from others going through the same thing
- Bigger Thinking
- Continued support well beyond the program end date
- Free work space
- $1,000 financial award
- Assistance with securing a Kiva loan
- Local and national promotion
You SHOULD Join If You
- Are ambitious AND open to new ideas and opportunities
- Need to contribute income to help support your household
- Want to create a new technology related revenue stream for your current business
You Should NOT Join If You
- Are uninterested in working in a group
- Are not comfortable with risk
- Already consistently paying yourself $10,000+ per month and have no desire to add a new technology related revenue stream
How it Works:
- Complete this application.
- Submit your simple video.
- Interview with selection committee
- Kick off meeting
- Weekly, 1hr meetings
- Program Completion Ceremony
- Community Trainings
- Monthly Alumni Group meetings with all Launch Women Business Builder participants
- Private Facebook group
“I felt paralyzed before participating in the Launch Women Business Builder Accelerator. I desperately needed human to human connection to talk through goals, endless task lists, and overwhelming emotions. I knew I could contact each cohort member and coach for guidance at any moment.”
— Amber Harper, Burned In Teacher
“I can’t say enough good things about WEOC and Leslee Hill, its director. Their Launch Women Business Builder Accelerator Program enabled me to take my business idea from concept to launch. They helped me flesh out the details, fine tune my message, and wrap it all up in a pitch for investors. They have supported me every step of the way. They have been my motivation, especially when others have taken the wind out of my sail.”
— Michelle Mang, Owner of NUWAYGO
You could spend 4 years and thousands of dollars getting a degree in Entrepreneurship, or
You could spend $299 over 12 months and launch a company.
That’s only $5.75 per meeting.