Welcome to our Virtual Business Center. Here, you will find the tools and resources to start, grow, innovate your business.
- NIIC Virtual Training/Webinars
- Economic & Funding Resources
- Women’s Business Center EmPWR Program
- COVID-19 and Startup Resources
- Federal Resources for Small Businesses
NIIC Virtual Training/Workshops
In March 2020, we migrated our 2020 training and workshops to a virtual format. These webinars are recorded for your future needs. If you are not able to participate the day of the event, you can view the recording at your convenience.
Virtual Office Hours—We offer virtual office hours, which may include open Q&A sessions or focused, topical discussions. Stay tuned to our social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram) for details about upcoming events.
- NIIC Virtual Office Hours: Tuesday – Friday at 1:30pm-3:00pm. Contact Mike Fritsch to schedule an appointment.
- WEOC Virtual Office Hours: Tuesday and Thursday at 9:00am on Facebook.
Virtual 1-on-1 Coaching—We offer virtual coaching via conference call or ZOOM. You will be matched with one of our professional business coaches, who have the expertise and knowledge to guide you. Please complete the Let’s Talk form, so we know how best to serve you.
Economic & Funding Resources
- SBA Loan Program
Repayable loans of up to $2 million are available from the SBA. Indiana was certified as an eligible state on Wednesday of this past week. The IEDC is the lead organization in Indiana. Keep in mind you should borrow what you can repay. Loan repayment starts 4 months after closing. Total borrowings can go up and down but will have to go through a modification process.
- SBA Paycheck Protection Program
The Paycheck Protection Program is a loan designed to provide a direct incentive for small businesses to keep their workers on the payroll. SBA will forgive loans if all employees are kept on the payroll for eight weeks and the money is used for payroll, rent, mortgage interest, or utilities.
- The QuickBridge Program by Bankable
The QuickBridge program is a rapid COVID-19 response offered by Bankable, and this linked PDF describes their micro-lending offering.
- Funding in the Time of Coronavirus
SaaStr Annual 2020 presentation to give an upfront view on what we may see in the funding markets ahead
COVID-19 and Startup Resources
Information is power, especially in times of uncertainty. We want you to be empowered and encourage you to get information from trusted sources. The following are some trustworthy ones for you to consider.
Indiana State Resources
- IN.gov has excellent state-specific guidance and resources listed under several agencies
- IN Department of Health
- IN Department of Workforce Development
- IN Small Business Development Center
- Federal Resources for US Small Business Impacted by COVID-19
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
- SBA Coronavirus Loan Resources
- The U.S. Department of Labor has resources to help workers and employers
- New guidance outlines flexibilities that states have in administering their unemployment insurance programs to help Americans affected by coronavirus.