In this friendly, interactive workshop, you will learn about 'Imposter Syndrome". This is not a mental illness, it is a pattern of thinking in which a person, womenespecially, doubt their
In this friendly, interactive workshop, you will learn about ‘Imposter Syndrome”. This is not a mental illness, it is a pattern of thinking in which a person, womenespecially, doubt their accomplishments and fear they will be exposed as a ‘fraud’. Even though a person can be quite competent, achieve high praise, academic honors, professional recognition and public accolades, they can still believe they aren’t good enough and lack confidence in their skills and abilities.
Fear of failure, guilt and denial of one’s own ability can create the Imposter Syndrome. The internal dialog that “I’m a fake” or “I was just lucky” or “I’m not good enough” becomes prevalent as women try to meet the image of perfection created by society. We struggle to meet the expectation of the perfect family, the perfect job, the perfect life. Internally we fear evaluation, we fear not being successful, we fear we aren’t being as ‘good’ as others and we fear we will be ‘exposed’ and we don’t deserve the recognition we have received.
- Do you feel like a phony?
- Do you believe you are letting yourself and others down?
- Do you think you aren’t doing a good job?
- Do you doubt your accomplishments?
- Do you feel like you are deceiving the people around you when it comes to your knowledge, skills and abilities?
In reality, you are actually accomplishing quite a lot and you are NOT a fraud! You DO deserve praise! You ARE intelligent! You ARE successful! Are you perfect? No, but no one is perfect!
In this workshop you will learn:
- Why do we strive for this image of perfection?
- How to stop the negative talk.
- Quit beating yourself up with unrealistic demands and expectations you impose on yourself.
- How to squash feelings of self-doubt when it creeps into your thoughts
- Accept your achievements and praise from others.
Presented by Leslee Hill, Director of the Women’s Entrepreneurial Opportunity Center (WEOC) Cost is $15 per person. Space is limited, you must RSVP by Friday, July 20 to attend. To reserve your seat, contact the Chamber of Commerce by calling 248-8131 or via email: email@example.com.
(Thursday) 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
WEOCinfo@niic.net Northeast Indiana Innovation Center WEOC | 3201 Stellhorn Road | Fort Wayne, IN 46815