Overview: Adult children are inheriting the family business. Many established business owners want to pass on the business to their children like previous generations did. Today it takes more than a
Adult children are inheriting the family business. Many established business owners want to pass on the business to their children like previous generations did. Today it takes more than a signed handwritten note or simply stepping out and having someone change the owner’s name. There are necessary steps to take to help establish a solid retirement for the original owner and set the new owner up for success.
Listen as second-generation business owner Anne Marie Labenberg gives her real-life story of how the inheritance/sale of the family business affected her life. The session is sure to be beautiful, relatable, and impactful.
Certified Financial Planner™ Sydney Cale, leads this first of a four-part series providing financial guidance to answer these questions (and more).
What You’ll Learn:
- What happens to your business if something happens to you?
- How often should you review your estate documents?
- What provisions should business owners include in those documents?
- What are your options for buying/selling a business?
- When should vital shareholders be brought on for growth and legacy planning?
- When is the best time for a business owner to think through these details? (It’s never too early!)
Where: The Northeast Indiana Innovation Center
When: March 3, 2022 8:00am-9:30am
Trainer: Sydney Cale, CFP®, MBA of SYM Financial Advisors
(Thursday) 8:00 am - 9:30 am
the NIIC and WEOCinfo@niic.net Northeast Indiana Innovation Center | 3201 Stellhorn Road | Fort Wayne, IN 46815