How it works: You LEARN from experts. You PRACTICE on local women owned businesses. You GIFT $100 to a local woman owned business who pitches that night. What to expect: The Day of--
How it works:
You LEARN from experts. You PRACTICE on local women owned businesses. You GIFT $100 to a local woman owned business who pitches that night.
What to expect:
The Day of–
- 20 minutes learning how to invest in small businesses
- 20 minutes listening to two women business owners pitch
- 10 minutes questioning and practicing what you’ve learned –> write a check directly to pitch winner
- 5 minute update from most recent winner – KPIs, Did, Doing, Help from group
- TOAST to creating our vision of women confidently investing in business at the same frequency and return as men
Between Meetings— Active Facebook group to continue learning and ask questions; stay up to date on pitch winners
Why it matters:
Fewer women invest because no one talks to them about investing. This hurts women’s total wealth over time, thereby exacerbating the gender wealth gap.
In 2019, less than 3% of all VC investment went to women-led companies, and only 1/5th of U.S. VC went to startups with at least one woman on the founder team.
Women drive the world economy as we control $31.8 trillion in consumer spending. We need to learn to invest to change the landscape from “consumer spending” to “generational wealth”.
Interested in pitching your business? Apply HERE and recruit as many women as you can to attend to learn about Angel Investing who will write a $100 check to you.
(Thursday) 5:00 pm - 6:15 pm
3211 Stellhorn Road
WEOCinfo@niic.net Northeast Indiana Innovation Center WEOC | 3201 Stellhorn Road | Fort Wayne, IN 46815