Community leadership awards presented
Doug LeDuc, KPC Media, Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly
“South Bend-based 1st Source Bank honored 11 community volunteers with its Ernestine M. Raclin Community Leadership Award last month, including five from Business Weekly’s reading area.
The award is in its 12th year. The bank established it to honor and encourage volunteerism leadership among businesses and organizations in the communities it serves.
“We are so impressed by our honorees and by all those who were nominated for this year’s consideration,” Christopher Murphy III, chairman and CEO of 1st Source Bank, said in a statement.”
“The five area volunteers are:
• Chris Straw, president of Team Quality Services, Inc. in Fort Wayne — founder of Launch DeKalb County, which provides scholarships for and encourages high school students to pursue their entrepreneurial spirit, and transformed the DeKalb Show Choir Invitational.
• Daryl Yost, director of community relations at the Northeast Indiana Innovation Center in Fort Wayne — volunteers with Hospice, the Hospice Foundation and the Fort Wayne Philharmonic.
• Cecile Weir, business banker for 1st Source Bank in the Fort Wayne area – volunteers with the YWCA of Northeast Indiana, Brightpoint Development Fund and several professional associations in her community.
• David Hoffert, superintendent of Warsaw Community Schools – volunteers with United Way of Kosciusko County, Region 8 Education Service Center, the Baker Youth Club, Wagon Wheel Center for the Arts, the Kosciusko Chamber of Commerce, the Kosciusko Community YMCA and Orthoworx.
• Dr. Richard Boling, chief medical officer at Boling Vision Center & Insight Surgery Center in Elkhart – provides free eye exams, glasses and surgeries in Elkhart Community Schools and volunteers with Coaches vs. Cancer, Boy Scouts of America, Relay for Life and Riverview Adult Daycare.