Top 5 Book Recommendations for 2020
Karl R. LaPan, President & CEO, The NIIC
Here are my top five book recommendations for 2020. Check out the choices and join me in reading more in 2020. Remember, “leaders are readers.”
- The Ride of a Lifetime: Lessons Learned from 15 Years as CEO of The Walt Disney Company – A memoir of leadership and success: The CEO of Disney, Time’s 2019 businessperson of the year, shares the ideas and values he embraced to reinvent one of the most beloved companies in the world and inspire the people who bring the magic to life. Purchase on Amazon Smile
- The 12 Week Year: Get More Done in 12 Weeks Than Others Do in 12 Months – This book redefines your “year” to be 12 weeks long. In 12 weeks, there just isn’t enough time to get complacent, and urgency increases and intensifies. The 12 Week Year creates focus and clarity on what matters most and a sense of urgency to do it now. In the end, more of the important stuff gets done and the impact on results is profound. Purchase on Amazon Smile
- Entrepreneurial Leap: Do You Have What It Takes to Become and Entrepreneur? – This book is an easy-to-use guide that will help you decide, once and for all, if entrepreneurship is right for you—because success as an entrepreneur depends on far more than just a great idea and a generous helping of luck. Purchase on Amazon Smile
- Chasing Slow: Courage to Journey Off the Beaten Path – Chasing Slow models HGTV star Erin Loechner’s journey to help you break out of the faster-better-stronger trap and make small changes to refresh your perspective, renew your priorities, and shift your focus to what matters most. Purchase on Amazon Smile
- What Do You Do with an Idea? – This is the story of one brilliant idea and the child who helps to bring it into the world. As the child’s confidence grows, so does the idea itself. And then, one day, something amazing happens. This is a story for anyone, at any age, who’s ever had an idea that seemed a little too big, too odd, too difficult. Purchase on Amazon Smile
Remember, if you purchase through our Amazon Smile and designate Northeast Indiana Innovation Center as your non-profit, you can help business builders in our community.
Read AND lead on for 2020.