Strengthening Professional Skills Workshop, Intentional Interactions – Tackle Difficult People with Tact
When: 09.12.18 @ 7:30 am —9:00 am
Location: Northeast Indiana Innovation Center 3201 Stellhorn Road Fort Wayne, IN 46815
Hone your professional communication skills through the Strengthen Professional Communication Skills Workshop Series. This four-part workshop series focuses on how to build stronger overall professional communication effectiveness and is offered through the Women’s Entrepreneurial Opportunity Center (WEOC). Elizabeth MacDonald, Communications Skills Advisor and Owner, The Verbal Edge, LLC, teaches each workshop and includes actionable items for attendees to use right away.
Each workshop in the series focuses on a different topic.
Strengthen Professional Communication Skills Workshop—Intentional Interactions: Tackle Difficult People with Tact
This workshop equips you with skills to confidently and respectfully initiate and/or take part in conversations you may normally avoid.
What you will learn
- How to diplomatically, assertively, and successfully approach aggressive people
- Words, phrases, and demeanor that neutralize potentially challenging situations
- How to decrease gossip in the workplace
- How to professionally say “no”
Who should attend
Professionals who want to:
- amass skills to professionally and assertively approach, connect with, and/or confront difficult people in the work place
- contribute to making the office/workplace a safe place to ask for assistance with projects, state ideas, disagree, give feedback, and collaborate
The Women’s Entrepreneurial Opportunity Center is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Cost: Free - Registration Required