APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
NIIC Navigator® is an interactive online toolset designed to provide a personalized roadmap to entrepreneurs through the stages of starting, building and growing their business. The Project Coordinator participates in the creation, implementation, and administration of the Navigator® program under the direction of the Business Development Analyst. He/she develops engaging learning experiences for the NIIC Navigator® and related programs. The Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that administrative aspects of the program are properly addressed and in alignment with Navigator® goals and NIIC policies and procedures. This includes working with partners and external agency resources, managing project databases, educating staff as appropriate, and preparing impact and metrics reports.
The Project Coordinator is in continual contact with internal and external individuals assigned to the program to ensure smooth implementation and desired results. This may include communication of content, goals, schedules, activities, etc. The incumbent must have the ability to demonstrate flexibility, creativity, resourcefulness, critical thinking, and judgment in addressing challenges and applying procedures to new or changing circumstances.
- Compose compelling and user-friendly content, materials, and media for the Navigator® interactive online program for entrepreneurs utilizing research, acquired knowledge, available resources, and personal writing skill.
- Work with instructional design experts to develop and implement appropriate content, and learning management system providers to monetize and develop pathways within Navigator®.
- Consult with internal NIIC team members to identify business coaching strategies and techniques, and clients to determine effective onboarding procedures into Navigator®.
- Perform in-depth instructional research and analysis and identify proven instructional design techniques, practices, and methods.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) to provide experiences and activities that enhance learning processes in Navigator® and related programs; utilize SMEs in the identification of target audience training and development.
- Conduct client onboarding initiatives including but not limited to: registration, orientation, and initial coaching services.
- Manage Navigator® program timelines and deliverables and provide ongoing updates to appropriate team members in business development, management, and staff.
- Check emails, faxes, mail, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites and respond timely with relevant information.
- Conduct periodic assessment of participant experiences and learning to evaluate effectiveness of the program and areas of improvement.
- Collect metrics and other impact data and align with program goals and objectives and prepare reports as directed.
- Build strong relationships with NIIC’s clients, program partners, and public and private sector entities via regular communication and performance updates.
- Assist in the design of supporting materials, media, and related collaterals for Navigator® and related programs.
- Assist in planning, designing, delivering, and recording Navigator® workshops and training seminars and promote related outreach and public relations initiatives.
- Promote continuous improvement by identifying, developing, and implementing new ideas, processes, systems, and methods that enhance personal performance and Navigator® administration.
- Report timely any issues in order to ensure on-going stewardship of resources in keeping with the policies and procedures of the funding agency/organization and The NIIC.
- Responsible for compliance with all federal, state, or other project/program directives and work with accounting to ensure only allowable costs are charged to the program.
- College degree from an accredited institution.
- Excellent writing, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of business principles involved in project planning and management and coordination of resources.
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision, to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
- Detail oriented with the ability to accurately and professionally prepare documents and reports.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems.
- Database skills including knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Broad base of relevant technical knowledge and skills related to networking, social media and information dissemination techniques and methods.
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines.
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The incumbent will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other related duties as assigned. The NIIC reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time with, or without, notice.