APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
The Project Coordinator participates in the implementation and administration of grant programs under the direction of the Grants Compliance Specialist. He/she creates and maintains required grant documents for review and approval and provides recommendations to senior management as requested. The Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that administrative aspects of the project are properly addressed and in alignment with specific grant requirements and NIIC policies and procedures. This includes operating within budgeted and approved costs, managing project databases, educating staff as appropriate, working with partners and government agency resources, and preparing grant impact/metrics reports as required.
The Project Coordinator is in continual contact with internal and external individuals assigned to the grant programs to ensure smooth implementation and desired results. This may include communication of content, goals, schedules, activities, etc. The incumbent must have the ability to demonstrate flexibility, creativity, resourcefulness, critical thinking, and judgment in addressing challenges and applying procedures to new or changing grant circumstances.
- Manage grant program timelines and deliverables and provide ongoing updates to appropriate team members in accounting, grants compliance, senior management, and staff.
- Prepare required documents related to specific grants and/or government funded programs, monitor progress, identify issues, and recommend solutions in order to ensure project completion.
- Maintain and update administrative project data in the grants and NIIC’s project management system.
- Facilitate the cooperation and involvement of subject matter experts and mentors in various areas related to the needs of the project including the identification of target audience training and development.
- Report timely any issues in order to ensure on-going stewardship of resources in keeping with the policies and procedures of the funding agency/organization and The NIIC.
- Collect metrics and other impact data and align with grant program goals and objectives to indicate the effectiveness/success of the project and prepare reports as directed.
- Manage the time tracking system to ensure accurate reporting of hours worked on each grant/program.
- Build strong relationships internally and externally with NIIC’s grant partners and government and private funders via regular communication and performance updates.
- Check emails, faxes, mail, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites and respond timely with relevant information.
- Promote continuous improvement by identifying/creating, developing, and implementing new processes, systems, and methods that enhance personal performance and grant administration.
- Comply with all federal, state, and other project/program directives and work with accounting to ensure only allowable costs are charged to grants and programs. This includes the collection of timely, detailed source documentation for underlying expenditures.
- College degree (preferred) from an accredited institution.
- Broad base of relevant technical knowledge and skills related to accounting, networking, social media and information dissemination techniques and methods.
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of business principles involved in project planning and management and coordination of resources.
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision, to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to accurately and professionally prepare reports and proposals.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems.
- Database skills including knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines.
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The incumbent will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other related duties as assigned. The NIIC reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time with, or without, notice.