APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
The Northeast Indiana Innovation Center (The NIIC), an entrepreneurial resource center, is building and growing a connected health IoT (Internet of Things) Lab/Network. With the financial support of committed grant partners and the federal government, our Health IoT Lab will foster relationships and train market companies and suppliers in this emerging technology field.
We are looking for a leader with broad knowledge of the healthcare field, business-to-business sales and a demonstrated track record of success. The ability to develop multi-company partnerships and close deals are important aspects of the position. Essential requirements include excellent self-management skills, experience in organizational development, and enhanced multitasking ability. The ideal candidate has knowledge of market, innovation, and technology trends in healthcare, insurance, medical device, orthopedics and pharma; plus the ability to implement innovative methods to develop our business strategy.
- Understand health-related markets and create strategies that will attract clients, partners, and demonstration/pilot projects.
- Research prospective IoT Lab corporate and organizational partners in targeted markets, pursue leads, and secure membership agreements.
- At a high level, understand IoT technologies and business models and the requirements of health-related processes and products to fit into a health ecosystem.
- Maintain relationships with “sold” clients to identify new opportunities, new potential partnerships and revenue generation activities for the NIIC.
- Follow the latest health industry developments and stay up-to-date on Health IoT technologies and supplier companies.
- Meet or exceed required metrics/impact as identified in grants and consistently achieve budgetary commitments.
- Utilize, as required, the NIIC company vehicle to travel throughout the State of Indiana to achieve program goals and objectives. Travel to other locations as required.
- Provide weekly documentation evidencing compliance with health IoT hours of operation and in-kind services required under the grant agreement and submit reports evidencing activities and results.
- Collaborate with potential vendors and suppliers to secure donated software, systems and services.
- Adhere to grant and NIIC cost and budget allowance and approval guidelines regarding fair, reasonable, and necessary expenditures related to travel, professional development, entertainment, client rewards, et al. This includes timely, accurate, detailed source documentation for underlying expenditures.
- Work with NIIC senior team to secure additional funding through fee for service arrangements and additional grants, and develop and manage other revenue streams.
- Education — Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Business Development — Minimum of five years proven track record in high-level sales and/or business development.
- Work Experience – A strong preference for at least three years in the health industry in manufacturing or product design and innovation. Prior experience with federal cost reimbursement grants is desirable.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Coordination — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in project planning, resource allocation, sales, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Innovation — Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, methods, products into marketable solutions.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs, benefits and political implications of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work — Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work on time, within budget, and as promised.
- Communications — Superior written and verbal presentation and communication skills.
- Self-discipline and motivation — Driven to achieve results and build effective and enduring relationships and partnerships.