APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
The EmPWR Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that the elements of the program, including the EmPWR Reimagining Clinic are operating smoothly and achieving the desired impact and outcome while maintaining the highest level of quality in client services. The Project Manager will have the overall responsibility for the success of the program. The Program Manager will report to the NIIC President and CEO and provide day to day accountability to the Grant Compliance Specialist. This position must also interface heavily with Director-Marketing & Programs and WEOC Director.
Develops and facilitates education, training, and business advising and coaching to small businesses that have experienced supply chain disruptions, staffing challenges, a decrease in grow receipts or customers, or a closure as a result of COVID-19. This includes operating within budgeted costs, managing project databases, educating and interacting with NIIC staff as appropriate, and preparing project impact/metrics reports as required.
- Manage project timelines and deliverables and provide ongoing updates to senior management and staff
- Develops and facilitates education, training, and performs business advising and assistance to small businesses both in-person and online.
- Provide direct technical assistance coaching to businesses affected by COVID -19.
- Works with Director-Marketing & Programs to implement planned marketing efforts consistent with the NIIC and SBA brand and corporate standards.
- Conducts community outreach and public relations efforts
- Supervises Community Engagement Coordinator to ensure appropriate program delivery and effectiveness.
- Listens to program and service issues from clients, government agency personnel, and the public; take appropriate action to resolve a problem
- Manages the cooperation and involvement of subject matter experts and mentors in various areas related to the needs of the project including the identification of target audience training and development
- Assess and apply proven instructional design theories, practices, and methods.
- Assist in the design of supporting materials, media, and related collaterals for NIIC related programs.
- Report timely any issues in order to ensure on-going stewardship of resources in keeping with the policies and procedures of the funding agency/organization and the NIIC.
- Collect metrics and program outcomes/impact data to demonstrate effectiveness of project, make recommendations for content and performance improvement, and drive timely reporting of progress.
- Build strong relationships internally and externally as directed to ensure strong relationships with NIIC’s project partners.
- Responsible for compliance with all federal, state or other project/program directives.
- Provide documentation evidencing hours worked on projects and any metrics required by the project/program.
- Comply with appropriate project cost and budget allowance and approval guidelines regarding fair, reasonable, and necessary expenditures. This includes timely, detailed source documentation for underlying expenditures.
- Travels throughout the State of Indiana to achieve EmPWR goals and objectives. Travels to other locations as required.
- Develop referral patterns within NIIC and other SBA-backed organizations.
- Implement the grant narrative and project plan for the EmPWR grant.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Knowledge and demonstrated success of networking and social media; information dissemination techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in project planning and management, resource allocation, and coordination of resources.
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to accurately and professionally prepare documents, reports, and proposals.
- Database management skills; knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Information research, analytical, and investigative skills.
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Ability to design or develop new applications, ideas, systems, methods, or products.
- Exceptional customer experience skills and training, project management skills and financial management skills.
The position will be for the duration of the EmPWR grant, which covers for up to one year. The expected period of performance is May 1, 2020 until April 30, 2021. This position is part-time and is approved for up to 28 hours a week.
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The incumbent will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other related duties as assigned. The NIIC reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time with, or without, notice.