APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
The Community Engagement Coordinator will direct and coordinate all activities interacting with companies and individuals seeking assistance as part of this one-year grant initiative. This will include both in-person and online interactions.
Provides access to education, training, business advising/assistance, and referrals for small businesses that have experienced supply chain disruptions, staffing challenges, a decrease in grow receipts or customers, or a closure as a result of COVID-19.
Participates in the design and implementation of initiatives as assigned. He/she researches and creates documents for review and approval by the Director-Marketing and the EmPWR project manager and provides recommendations to senior management as requested. The Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible to make sure the assigned administrative aspects and key performance indicators of the project are properly addressed and in alignment with appropriate organization and government requirements and The NIIC policies and procedures. The Community Engagement Coordinator is in continual contact with individuals assigned to the project and with the clients served to ensure smooth implementation and desired results. This position will report to Director-Marketing & Programs and matrix dotted line report to the Project Manager- EmPWR.
- Prepare required documents related to a project(s), monitor progress, and identify issues and recommend solutions in order to ensure project completion.
- Operating within budgeted costs, managing project databases, educating staff as appropriate, and preparing project impact/metrics reports as required.
- Listens to program and service issues from clients, government agency personnel, and the public; take appropriate action to resolve a problem
- He/she must have the ability to demonstrate flexibility, creativity, resourcefulness, and judgment in addressing challenges and applying procedures to new or changing circumstances.
- Manage the cooperation and involvement of subject matter experts and mentors in various areas related to the needs of the project including the identification of target audience training and development
- Assess and apply proven instructional design theories, practices, and methods.
- Assist in the design of supporting materials, media, and related marketing collaterals for EmPWR.
- Report timely any issues in order to ensure on-going stewardship of resources in keeping with the policies and procedures of the funding agency/organization and the NIIC.
- Collect metrics and program outcomes/impact data to demonstrate effectiveness of project, make recommendations for content and performance improvement, and drive timely reporting of progress.
- Build strong relationships internally and externally as directed to ensure strong relationships with NIIC’s project partners.
- Responsible for compliance with all federal, state or other project/program directives.
- Provide documentation evidencing hours worked on projects and any metrics required by the project/program.
- Comply with appropriate project cost and budget allowance and approval guidelines regarding fair, reasonable, and necessary expenditures. This includes timely, detailed source documentation for underlying expenditures.
- Travels throughout the State of Indiana to achieve EmPWR goals and objectives. Travels to other locations as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Knowledge of marketing, networking and social media; information dissemination techniques and methods.
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to accurately and professionally prepare documents, reports, and proposals.
- Database management skills; knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Information research, analytical, and investigative skills.
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Ability to design or develop new applications, ideas, systems, methods, or products.
- Strong self-management, exceptional customer experience skills required to interact with stakeholders.
The position will be for the duration of the EmPWR grant, which covers up to one year. The period of performance for the grant is expected to be May 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. This position is budgeted for up to 24 hours a week.
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The incumbent will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other related duties as assigned. The NIIC reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time with, or without, notice.