APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
The NIIC, an entrepreneurial resource center, is seeking a part-time, self-motivated individual with excellent accounting skills to join our team. We value critical thinking, job autonomy, and building relationships. The Accountant will manage essential functions related to the billing cycle, credit card and vendor payments. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the payables and receivables processes, general ledger reconciliation, and financial statement preparation. Financial experience with federal grants is desirable.
- Issue invoices for facility suite rent, client agreements, and conference room usage.
- Manage the status of account balances and identify inconsistencies.
- Issue and post bills, receipts and invoices to/from clients.
- Update accounts receivable database with new accounts.
- Ensure all clients remain informed on their outstanding debts and deadlines.
- Contact delinquent accounts; notify customers and clients of insufficient payments.
- Post payments to customer accounts and maintain records.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation to general ledger.
- Review and pay vendor invoices.
- Obtain proper authorization for payments as stipulated in federal grant budgets.
- Insure compliance with vendor contracts and proper accounting recognition in general ledger.
- Enter vendor invoices in Quickbooks accounting system and ensure proper account coding for each transaction.
- Prepare independent contractor 1099s and audit documentation as required
- Work with NIIC’s Grant Compliance Specialist to ensure grant financial requirements are met.
- Responsible for compliance with all federal, state or other project/program financial directives.
- Provide documentation evidencing hours worked on projects and any metrics required by the project/program.
- Review appropriate project cost and budget allowances regarding fair, reasonable, and necessary expenditures. This includes timely, detailed source documentation for underlying expenditures.
Education — Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university.
Work Experience — at least three years in AP/AR, general ledger reconciliation, and financial statement preparation. Prior experience with federal cost reimbursement grants is desirable.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
- Critical thinking – using logic and deductive reasoning to evaluate and improve processes and results.
- Detail oriented with the ability to accurately and professionally prepare documents and reports.
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and externally with NIIC’s clients and grant project partners.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility, creativity, resourcefulness, and judgment in addressing challenges and applying procedures to new or changing circumstances.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision, to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The incumbent will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other related duties as assigned. The NIIC reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and assigned tasks at any time with, or without, notice.